HARRY POTTER PUBLIC LIBRARIAN CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You can enter in one way only: Visit http://bit.ly/hplib and fill out the complete entry form, including your name, email address, name, city, and state of public library, and your answer for what you will do to celebrate 15 years of Harry Potter at your public library. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entries that are inappropriate for any reason. Entries have no word limit. One entry per public library. Contest opens for entry at 9:00 am EST on June 5th, 2013 and all entries must be received by 11:59p.m. EST on July 17th, 2013. Scholastic Inc. ("Sponsor") assumes no responsibility for (a) lost, misdirected, damaged, stolen, illegible, failed, incomplete, garbled, delayed or late entries or mail; (b) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest. Proof of online submission of the entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Contest open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are public librarians and ages 18 and over entering on behalf of their public library. Entrants must have permission from their public library to enter this contest. Only one entry per public library. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”), and the immediate families of each are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Fifteen (15) winners will be chosen on or about July 31st, 2013. Entries will be judged based on the following equally-weighted criteria: what you would do to celebrate 15 years of Harry Potter at your public library, what your event would entail, how you would promote the event, what it would mean to your library, originality and creativity. Judging will be completed on or about July 29th, 2013 by Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions on all matters relating to this Contest are final and binding.
4. Grand Prize: Fifteen (15) Grand Prize Winners will be chosen and will receive one hundred (100) copies of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in paperback (ARV $12.99 each, $1,299.00 total), 1 paperback boxed set of the Harry Potter series signed by Kazu Kibuishi (ARV $100.00), and a $100.00 giftcard/stipend toward throwing the public library event. Prize fulfillment will take place between August 1st, 2013 and August 26th, 2013. The public library event must take place on August 27th, 2013, unless Sponsor agrees to a different date. The winner is responsible for payment of all federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) on any prize received. Sponsor and Related Entities shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. If a winner does not meet qualification criteria, cannot be reached or cannot hold the public library event on August 27, 2013, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. After Sponsor's attempt to award the prize 3 times, Sponsor may decide that any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Winners will be notified by email or postal mail using the contact information provided to Sponsor.
5. Prize is non-transferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No prize substitution except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or alternate winners may be selected. Winners may also be required to attend and participate in media and/or public relations events (the “Media Events”) designated by Sponsor, the Related Entities and/or requested by various media outlets. Upon Sponsor’s or the Related Entities request, and subject to winners’ availability, winners agree to participate in such Media Events without any further compensation. Winners will agree that the Sponsor may film during the public library events and use the footage for unlimited promotion and publicity purposes. By accepting the prize, winners agree to release Sponsor, Related Entities and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, and hold each of them harmless, from any claims relating to their selection, non-selection, participation or nonparticipation in any Media Events. By accepting the prize, winners agree that Sponsor, the Related Entities, and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including but not limited to death, injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with this Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity, or accepting, possessing, using or misusing any prize, and they will be held harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prizes awarded. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded or enjoyed due to travel cancellations, delays or interruption due to weather, natural disaster, acts of war or terrorism or other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
6. If the administration or integrity of the Contest is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest. Sponsor and the Related Entities shall not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering the Contest. By entering the Contest, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes.
7. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a winner's consent, to the use of his/her name, address (city and state only), likeness, age, voice and/or photograph for any lawful purpose in any media, including online, in perpetuity without further notice or compensation. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for a prize.
8. WINNERS' LIST. For the name of the contest winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope after July 31st, 2013 and before September 30th, 2013 to: HARRY POTTER PUBLIC LIBRARIAN CONTEST Winner (KK), 557 Broadway, New York, New York 10012.
9. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012