David Shannon was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up in Spokane, Washington. He graduated from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California, and then moved to New York City. His illustrations have appeared in a wide variety of publications, including The New York Times, Time, and Rolling Stone. And his art has graced a number of book jackets.
David Shannon now lives in Los Angeles with his wife, their daughter, and their dog, Fergus.
- Caldecott Honor for No, David!
- Golden Kite AwardALA Notable Children's Book
- New York Times Best Illustrated Book listBulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon title
- School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
- Booksense Best Picture Book
Read more about David Shannon here.